Do not miss it!!! No te lo pierdas!!
If you haven’t already made the first/initial payment of $100, please make arrangements with me as soon as you can. Please see 6/13 update below for recommended payment schedule. (It is a recommended schedule but please ensure the entire balance of $350 per participant is made before the trip. However, please let me know your intention on payments). Our next meeting is 7/30 but I am looking into an offsite activity in July.
Airline arrangements has been made via Southwest Airlines. The departure time and arrival times are the best I can do to keep within our own/best timelines, sorry for the early departures. I will provide airline flight #s in a later post.
Thursday, November 16 – depart JIA at 640AM, arrive INDY at 1015AM – connecting flight in Atlanta.
Sunday, November 19 – deaprt INDY at 810AM, arrive JIA at 1155AM – stop at Atlanta, no plane change.
We have a total of 20 from BTCC attending NCYC. 13 teen participants and 7 adult chaperones (names and numbers will be posted at a later date).
For the 7 adult chaperones, please log into www.vitus.org and check to ensure you have module 1 completed in your profile. I will be reaching out soon for more information I need from you to turn into the Dioceses.
Since we did well on the 5/20 & 5/21 weekend second collection we have reduced the costs by $100 per participate for a total of $350.00 each. New payement schedule is below.
NCYC Payment schedule:
June 24 – $100
July 30 – $100
October 22 – $100
By November 15 – $50 (Final Payment)
This is just a general guideline to keep it easy on you. If you need to shift around the payment schedule based on your needs, please let me (Noel) know.
At this time we have 17 total in attendance – 11 teens and 6 adult chaperones.
We will be doing a second collection on the weekend of 5/20 & 5/21 to help go towards the SYG activities but especially towards NCYC 2023. Please be sure to pass the word and ask for their kindness and support. SYG members & NCYC attendees will be making an announcement after each mass this weekend (5/13 & 5/14).
**We are still accepting registrations for teens up to July 1st. If you know anyone on the fence on attending, please have them reach out to me.
NCYC Payment schedule:
June 24 – $100
July 30 – $100
September 24 – $100
October 22 – $100
November 15 – $50 (Final Payment)
These dates are set around the upcoming planned SYG meetings. All checks need to be made payable to Blessed Trinity Catholic Church. Noel will provide receipt of payment – it is recommended you keep these handy in case of any accounting errors. If you have any issues making these payments, please reach directly out to me. Cost should not be a hinderance for anyone not to make this event.
Please note that unless certain circumstances occur, any payments given towards NCYC cannot be refunded. The parish is already making payments to the Diocese as scheduled as well as taking care of advance payments towards airline and group travel expenses.
4/23/2023 INITIAL PARENT/TEEN MEETING MINUTES:
NCYC Parent & Teen Meeting was held on 4/23 at 5:30PM in the Youth Conference Room.
There were 12 teens in attendance along with 9 parents. Donna Williams also came to speak.
NCYC 2023 will be held on November 16-19 in Indianapolis IN.
NCYC has been happening in Indy since 2011 every other year (odd years). Noel has been attending NCYC with the SYG since 2009. This will be Noel’s 8th trip to NCYC.
NCYC 2023 Teaser video were shown at the beginning: NCYC 2023 – Teaser
NCYC webpage for more information: https://ncyc.us/
Noel explained the goal of giving the teens these “God Experiences” to our teens and shared some thoughts and experiences from past teens who went to NCYC. “It is the best event we can send our teens to.” Donna Williams talked about her 3 teens who went previously and Hassan Cruz briefly spoke on his experience as a chaperone.
Noel showed Ana Noto’s video about her experience when she went in 2019 and also showed Grace’s video when she went in 2017. You can find this video along with other SYG & NCYC videos on Noel’s YouTube channel. Search for noeldeleon8262 in YouTube.
This is a diocese event. We will register as a group with the diocese.
May 1 – Group Leader form due to the diocese.
May 15 – Initial Registration and deposit due to the diocese.
Noel shared dioceses ESTIMATED cost per person:
Conference registration fee ($295), Hotel estimate for 3 nights ($320 per person based on Quad room), Diocesan Dinner ($20), Diocesan Hoodie, T-shirt, Souvenirs ($40) and Diocesan administration fee ($10). Total Estimate of $685. Please note this is a package deal and cannot exclude any part of it.
Airline cost to and from Jax <> Indy (see below).
Ground transportation to and from Indy Airport <> Hotel (Normally around 1k total for the group).
Food, snacks, drinks and souvenirs/etc while at NCYC. Plan on 5-6 meals if hotel has free breakfast. Meals at NCYC are usually Mall Food Court meals, food trucks (Per-Covid) and walk-in type restaurants. Sit down restaurants are frowned upon by Noel as they take too much time away from the conference. Talk to Noel more about how much you need to plan on brining for food (this will be a continued discussion leading up to the trip).
This information is not yet available. DoSA works with NCYC on securing a hotel for our size group. Normally, every diocese attending NCYC is put into a lottery for hotels and is given what is available through this lottery system. Once Noel gets the hotel information, he will pass it to those attending. DoSA always asks and prefers hotels with free breakfast.
Noel has tried various combinations of which airlines, what time to depart both Jax and Indy and would prefer to use Southwest airlines due to the ease of use and variability of their group sales procedure. Noel also prefers to leave Jax early in the morning in order to get to Indy to have the teens settle down and have the ability to show the teens where to go, which route to take between the hotel and convention center/Lucas Oil Stadium. It also gives us the ability to go to the opening Mass and Eucharist Procession. Departing Indy to Jax, it would be nice to have a mid-morning flight to get us home early afternoon.
At the time of writing these notes, roundtrip airline costs with Southwest is roughly $421.95 per person. Southwest is currently booking out to 10/29 – 10/29. Will need to secure airlines as early as possible once 11/16 – 11/19 opens up for reservations.
With these estimations, total cost for the trip per attendee is $1175. With that said, based on possible our fund raising efforts and parish help, we are estimating each attendee costs to be around to $450 to $500 per attendee. This costs will be broken down over the next 6 months and once finalized, Noel will pass along the payment schedule. Noel stressed that if there is a desire to go, we will make it happen. Lack of funds should not be a reason that your teen cannot go. Will we work with you to make it happen so as long as a desire is there – Please talk to Noel ASAP if this is a concern.
Other than Noel and Sheila, the adults who have expressed interest in being Chaperones:
Hassan Cruz, Cathy Aguilar, Odavar (one parent).
Given the initial schedule and the need to secure flight arrangements ASAP, Noel is requesting those who know they are going on this trip, to let him know ASAP with a deadline to commit on 5/15/23. Giving a commitment by 5/15 will secure your teen’s spot at the initial costs (TBD). Please contact Noel at 904.629.1022 to give your commitment or if you have concerns or questions.
Noel will be available to discuss this trip further by phone, zoon or in-person whether you need more information or was unable to come to this meeting.
There will still be opportunities to join in this trip, however the fees will increase as time goes due to the changes needed to be made with flights, hotels, conference registrations.
Here’s some information regarding this trip:
We will be leaving from the church hall parking lot on Friday, 1/27 as close to 3:30PM as possible. Once we all arrive, we will load up and leave so please don’t be late. You will also need the 2 forms I sent out earlier this week completed in order to participate in the trip so don’t forget to bring them. You can also turn in the money to me on Friday. If you need to download and print the forms still, you can do so here: RTU FORMS. If you need me to print you a copy so you can complete it before we leave, let me know.
I’d recommend eating something before we leave on Friday between 3:30PM and 4PM. You can bring a snack and drink for the ride down but please ensure all drinks are bottles so you can cap them and prevent them from spilling. We won’t be arriving at the hotel and parks until after normal dinner time. Plan accordingly and ensure you have enough money for your meals and snacks throughout the weekend. Also make sure you stay hydrated! Even though it’s not hot, you still need to hydrate. I’d recommend bringing a refillable water bottle to carry with you through the parks. If anyone would like to donate a case of water, let me know.
Check the weather and plan on dressing appropriately. It currently looks like it will be cold to chilly in the morning and evenings and nice weather during the day. I’d recommend dressing in layers or at the very least have a nice jacket to keep you warm. We are not planning on going back and forth between the hotel and parks so you will need to bring everything with you that you plan on wearing each day.
Hotel room arrangements will be all girls in 1 room, all boys will have 2 rooms – I will let you guys figure that out yourselves. We should be all grouped together in the hotel and since we have a small group, this shouldn’t be an issue. No boys shall ever set foot in a girls room and no girls should ever set foot in guys room.
While at the parks, you will need to stay with a group of 3 or more at a time. This shouldn’t be a problem as we all love and enjoy each other 🙂 Please make sure at the very least, one person in your group has a charged phone at all times. There should never be a time where anyone in your group does not have a working phone. Please ensure this and plan your phone time and battery consumption well between each other.
It would be wise to do you homework on the road trip down to Orlando on Friday. It will be a long and fun weekend so don’t count on Sunday night to do your homework as you will more than likely be very tired. Pace yourself at the parks, enjoy each other and spend time with those you do not know very well. This is a time to make new friends and grow closer to old friend. Have fun, smile and laugh!
If you haven’t already, program my number in your phone – Noel 904.629.1022 and Mrs. Sheila’s number 904.923.0867.
Below is an important message from Fr Jhon as a heads up for all involved in our various ministries. This announcement will be made at all Masses this weekend and will go in effect Pentecost weekend May 22-23. Please click >>here<< to view the flyer that will be included in the weekend bulletin.
My dear family,
I am writing you this time because it is my priority and duty to promote the common good by doing all we can to protect and provide safety to our Blessed Trinity families, my employees, ministries and people who come to our home to celebrate the Eucharist with us.
For this reason I want to share with you what the Diocese has in place a new Covid-19 Safety Plan with a phased approach. Based on guidelines of the CDC and FDOH, metrics for vaccinations in diocesan counties and metrics for positive case and Covid-19 deaths we are now able to move into Phase One.
Dispensation from Sunday Mass is being lifted for all individuals, beginning Pentecost Sunday. The dispensation may still apply to those who are living with persons who are ineligible for vaccination for medical reasons, are considered to be in a high-risk category or with underlying conditions. Remember to use the dispensation if:
· You exhibit flu-like symptoms
· You have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for Covid-19, and you are asymptomatic.
· You care for the sick, homebound, or infirmed
· You are unable to get to Mass through no fault of your own
For Blessed Trinity, we will gradually begin decreasing the space for physical distancing. Rest assured that we will still maintain sections for those who are not comfortable with decreased distancing. We will continue with sanitizing the Church and Hand Sanitizer will be available.
I do realize that City and State Officials have lifted mask mandates, but please understand that we are following the guidelines set forth by the Diocese and I am being obedient to my Bishop. Therefore, all mask requirements remain intact.
UPDATED EMAIL FROM THE BISHOP’S OFFICE
AS OF 1:45PM on 5/14/2021
I just received this information from our chancellor. Please share with everyone of the members of your ministries. They are good news.
Reverend Fathers and Deacons:
As has been our policy throughout the pandemic, we continue to follow the guidance of the CDC. In light of the new CDC guidance released late yesterday, we are adjusting diocesan guidance regarding the wearing of masks. Please share this with your pastoral staff as appropriate.
As you may be aware, CDC changed their guidance on the wearing of masks, stating that
• Fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask or physically distance in any setting, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
• For now, the following measures are strongly encouraged:
– For those who have been hesitant in getting vaccinated should do so at their earlier convenience. Children 12 years of age and older are now eligible.
– Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
– Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
Given this new guidance from CDC, effective immediately, Bishop Estevez has approved that at Masses in our parishes and missions we will no longer require the wearing of masks for fully vaccinated persons, nor will we require proof of vaccination or ask if persons are vaccinated. All other diocesan guidance remains in place.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 data and report our findings weekly via Pastoral Briefing every Monday morning.
Blessed Easter Season,
National Catholic Youth Conference 2021
November 18 – 20, 2021
In a distinctly Catholic setting, the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) invites participants to encounter Christ, experience Church, and be empowered for discipleship. Come to Indianapolis for 2021 NCYC to be set Ablaze • Enciende El Fuego
I am excited to announce that we have 22 teens & 6 adult chaperones from our Youth Group attending NCYC 2021. It’s going to be a wonderful experience and I ask everyone to please keep us all in your prayers as we prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually for this journey.
|May 1, 2021|
|May 23, 2021|
|June 27, 2021|
|July 15, 2021|
|August 1, 2021||F|
|August 22, 2021|
|September 12, 2021|
|October 10, 2021|
|November 7, 2021|
Chaperone Meeting 5PM-530PM.
Final NCYC Patricipate Meeting (5:30PM -7:30PM) **PLEASE MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO BE AT THIS MEETING**
|November 14, 2021||10AM Mass at Blessed Trinity – Fr. Jhon will send us off with a special blessing.|
|November 18, 2021||Depart for NCYC (Meet at Jacksonville International Airport – No later than 5:30AM in the rotunda before TSA check-in)|
|November 20, 2021||Return to Jacksonville (Pick up at Jacksonville International Aiport- Noon) **PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR PICKUP.|
|Early December||NCYC recap meeting with Fr. Jhon|
Questions or for more information, please contact Noel deLeon at 904.629.1022 / email@example.com.
NCYC NEWS & UPDATES
NOVEMBER 8TH UPDATE and FINAL NCYC MEETING NOTES:
*PARENTS* If you haven’t already, please >>click here<< to complete the online NCYC forms.
**IMPORTANT COVID UPDATE** As in the above online NCYC form, NCYC has requested for every participate either be fully vaccinated or be able to show proof of a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to even start on Thursday 11/18. I have spoke to the Diocese on this request and since they are unsure on who we will need to show this proof to, it is requested that everyone have a copy of their vaccination card and/or negative COVID test on them (paper photo copy or photo on your phone). The COVID test must be done between 11/15 – 11/18 and must indicate a negative result.
We will meet at JIA no later than 530AM on Thursday 10/18. DO NOT BE LATE AS I CANNOT HOLD THE PLANE FOR YOU. Parents are welcome to just drop their teen off at the curb – you do not need to park and walk them in, unless you want to.
Parents please pick up at JIA at noon on Sunday 10/21. Please do not be late.
We will meet at the rotunda area with the rocking chairs before TSA security check.
Southwest Flight JAX>ATL WN1714 @0640/0800. WN4780 ATL>IND @0845/1020
Southwest Flight IND>ATL WN5026 @0830/1010. WN5153 ATL>JAX @1055/1205
Recommend to do as much homework and make up school work on the flight and layover on Thursday – you will be tired on Sunday.
Plan on it being cold. Recommend layers – jacket, hoodie, shirt, jeans, gloves, beanie, etc.
Wear comfortable shoes – a lot of walking.
Pack light but smart. I’d recommend NOT checking in any baggage and carry-on 1 luggage and 1 backpack. See TIA website for carry-on baggage restrictions and limitations.
Thursday through Saturday will be long days. 7AM to Midnight long days.
Masks is required while indoors at the conference. Mask must cover both your nose and mouth. Please bring your own masks and I recommend to bring multiple masks. I’d also highly recommend to bring a small portable bottle of hand sanitizer and to use it frequently along with washing hands as often as possible. COVID is here to stay, just do everything possible to make it less likely to spread to you and others. Remember if you feel ill, please let me or the other chaperones know so we can ensure the safety of yourself and others.
Bring enough money for food for 3.5 days. Breakfast is included at the hotel and we do have a diocese dinner on Friday night. All other meals are on your own. Recommend food court at the Mall or vendors in and around the venue. I also recommend eating breakfast before arriving at the airport on Thursday. We have a very short layover in Atlanta and will not have an opportunity to eat lunch until after we arrive and get situated at the hotel at 12PM.
Remember, someone from your group (no less than 4), will need to text me if you are leaving the venue to go eat, or go back to the hotel to freshen up. You will need to text me who is in your group and where you are going. You will also need to text me once you get back to the venue. If you change plans midstream, text me the new plan. I need to be accountable of where everyone is at all times. We should only be at the venue, out eating or back at the hotel. We are not allowed no other places and do not spend time at the mall shopping or elsewhere. We are there for the conference.
Speaking of groups, I encourage everyone to spend time with others in our group – especially those you don’t know that well. Get out of your comfort zone and hang out with a different group – even better if your entire group joins with another.
There are merchandise vendors at NCYC in case you want to purchase books, shirts, etc. so you may want to bring extra $ for that.
105 South Meridan Street – Hampton Inn Downtown Indy. Once we get to Indy and start walking abour, I will show you the best route to/from hotel and venue and recommended places to eat. We will travel together as a group to the opening session and back to the hotel after the closing sessions for each day.
If you get lost or in a case of an emergency, I will point out the emergency place to meet once we get to the venue on Thursday. The secondary place to meet is the hotel. If I text you “911” it will be followed by an initial set of instructions, you are to drop whatever you are doing and follow those instructions – no questions asked.
Each night, after the conference, we will plan on having some snacks and gather together to discuss what we experienced that day. Please share! Most importantly, please share with your parents back home.
During the conference, please restrict the use of your phone. First to conserve battery, Second to lookup and take in all that NCYC has to offer. If we wanted a virtual experience through a phone or tablet, we could have saved a lot of money and just signed up for the virtual attendance. There is no need to constantly check SnapChat or IG – whatever you leave behind in Jax will still be there when you arrive and trust me – you won’t miss anything during our time at NCYC. And please – stay off your phones during the keynote speakers, during adoration and Mass. Taking pictures and videos are welcome during appropriate times.
Last but not least, have fun – always be searching for God’s beauty and awesomeness. Often times its right there in front of you!
CHAPERONE INFORMATION AND CONTACT NUMBERS:
**IF NEEDED, PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONTACT NOEL FIRST. Remember the conference will be loud and phone calls and texts are often missed so please be patient for a response. Noel and all chaperones will be checking their messages and texts periodically. In case of any emergency, Linda Miranda (DRE) and the office rectory staff are the Jacksonville contacts.
|Linda Miranda (DRE)||904.514.5131|
October 19 Update.
- The Diocese has sent over the standard forms that need to be completed. I will need these done for every adult and teen participating in NCYC by 11/01 so I can deliver to the Diocese by 11/05.
- You can download the forms >>HERE<<.
- Thank you all for your support and donations for the button give-a-ways. I have order 250 buttons for $90. Any additional donations will go towards our nightly food/snacks. There will be a donation jar at the next meeting on 11/07. Please give as generously as you can.
October 10: NCYC participate meeting.
- Please look over the published schedule found on the NCYC page >>here<<.
- We will plan on meeting at Jax International Airport no later than 5:30AM. DO NOT BE LATE – the plane will leave without you.
- Please pack light – while you may check-in a bag with Southwest at no charge, it is highly recommended that you do not check in a bag but pack light enough to bring 1 backpack and a carry-on luggage.
- Ensure you have comfortable shoes as we will be walking for most of the day.
- Dress in layers. Expect cold weather. Don’t forget hats, beanies and scarfs. DoSA will supply 1 NCYC Shirt and 1 NCYC Hoodie for each participate.
- Please ensure you bring enough money for meals for all 4 days. Plan on eating breakfast included in the hotel, but lunch and dinner (excluding DoSA Friday dinner) are on your own. There is a mall with a food court, a few quick service food restaurants, concessions and food trucks in the area.
- Everyone will be receiving NCYC credentials. You will not be able to enter the conference areas without them. If you lose them, you will need to pay for and wait for the replacement credentials. Furthermore, if you are outside of your hotel room, you should be wearing them. Noel will provide phone number lists that everyone will keep inside their credentials.
- Please plan on attending the 10AM MASS on November 14. Fr Jhon will send us off with a special blessing.
- Please plan on attending our next and final NCYC meeting on November 7.
August 1: First NCYC participate meeting.
- We will be meeting once a month until NCYC, all tentatively scheduled before the 1st SYG meeting of each month. Schedule above reflects those dates.
- We discussed COVID-19 is still very much out there and is still infecting a lot of people. It is you and your family’s choice whether or not to get vaccinated, however it is highly recommended to. Remember, we will be in a conference with over 10k in attendance. We will be flying in a plane with others. The city of Indianapolis, NCYC and our Diocese will be monitoring and working together to ensure a safe conference.
- We briefly discussed how the conference is laid out and how the unknown is there due to the COVID-19 restrictions and changes. It’s important to remember that while although the conference will sure to be different, Our Lord never changes.
- While most of the logistics are complete, our focus for the next couple months will shift on preparing ourselves for this wonderful experience. Please pray for yourself as well as everyone in our group, our dioceses and all those attending NCYC 2021. Pray for the desire, the want and understanding of the need for you to attend this pilgrimage.
- Diocesan and NCYC paper work have not yet been received. Once received, they will need to be completed and returned. The NCYC registration will need to be notarized and we can arrange a notary to come and notarize our papers as a group if needed.
- Please try to make all the NCYC participate meetings going forward. The more you can make, the better the experience will be.
6/10/2021: Airline Flight arrangements have been made. Airline travel is via Southwest and both ways stop and change flights at Atlanta.
|Depart JAX @ 0640||Arrive IND @ 1020|
|Depart IND @ 0830||Arrive JAX @ 1205|
6/1/2021: Hotel Information: Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis. 105 S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis IN 46231.
Please send me your rooming preference (who you want to room with).
5/1/2021: We have 22 Teens attending and 7 adult chaperones!
3/1/2021: The theme of NCYC 2021 is Ablaze| Enciende El Fuego. The second chapter of the book of Acts tells about the coming of the Holy Spirit. At NCYC 2021, we will call upon the Holy Spirit to descend upon our young Church and set them Ablaze for the Lord!
Tickets for the 2021 NCYC will go on sale May 1 and is limited to the first 10k.
News reports about COVID-19 are everywhere. The Dioceses of St. Augustine and the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) join our prayers with yours for the development and deployment of improved treatment and prevention protocols and for the eventual eradication of this virus that has affected so many in very profound ways. Despite the period in which we currently find ourselves, NFCYM continues to move forward in a spirit of optimism with plans for an in-person National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) November 18-20, 2021, in Indianapolis.
Leading up to November 18th, NFCYM will be working closely with officials of the city of Indianapolis and the Marion County, Indiana, health department to develop virus mitigation and response plans specifically for NCYC. Only with their approval will NFCYM open the doors to the 2021 NCYC. If you have previously participated, the 2021 NCYC will look and operate a little differently. What should be unmistakable in the experience is our commitment to the NCYC mission: to provide a distinctly Catholic environment in which participants are invited to encounter Christ, experience Church, and be empowered for discipleship.
To this end, the NCYC project team is currently reviewing every plan made to date to ensure it still resonates amid this pandemic and all the conflicting emotions and changed realities that have come along with it. More detailed program information will be posted as it becomes available.
Blessed Trinity Parish Religious Education Program
Dear Retreat Team leader:
Thank you for giving up a Saturday in order to help prepare our youth for Confirmation. The following should help make our day go by as smoothly as possible.
• Please arrive at 8:15 a.m. for prayer, set-up, and any last minute details. We will meet at the hall.
• Please become familiar with the small group leader guide. If you are a presenter, please be familiar with the material that you will present and with the small group activities, and prayer rituals.
• Please be prepared to introduce yourselves to the participants by stating your name, how long you have been at this parish, a quick family bio, and why you became a member of the retreat team.
• There will be three conferences and group sharing sessions. As the participants arrive, they will get a name card with one color dot. The dot indicates what small group they will go into for the first conference. For the second conference, the students will go to their small groups according to the color of their ACTION card. For the third conference, the candidates will be divided by using playing cards.
• Please regroup with the participants in the prayer area before each conference.
• Please become familiar with the schedule. This is a guide to keep the day flowing. However, when working with teens, one has to be flexible. Other activities and games may be introduced in between conferences as we see the teens become restless. Be prepared for these possible changes.
• This should be a forum for the teens to share of their faith openly and without inhibition or fear of criticism. They will share openly if they know the group leaders will do the same. Be open to participate in the Spirit games and icebreakers, as the more they know of us, the more comfortable the teens will become.
• The third conference involves a written examination of conscience and the writing of a letter and prayer. Towards the end of the Reconciliation Prayer Service, there will be a burning of these letters outside. At the time of the letter burning, I need adults to keep the participants a safe distance from the chimenea.
• Please write a palanca letter that can be given to any participant who does not receive a letter from their parents or sponsors. This should be a letter of encouragement and of prayers offered for the participant.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone, 646-4320, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to seeing you at the retreat.
All – Here are some tips for our trip for packing and going through security..
- 2 bags total – one carry on and one personal bag / purse / backpack. So a small pilot bad with a backpack, or duffel bag with tote bag. If you have a bag, backpack, and a purse, the purse MUST fit inside your bag – you won’t be allowed to have 3 bags. ??? <<Please check Southwest regulations regarding carry on luggage>>
- If you are only using carryons, ALL your toiletries MUST be 3 oz or less. Included a shampoos, toothpaste, hair gel, lotions, moisturizers. AND all those liquids must fit in 1 quart size zip lock bag. You will be asked to remove your liquids from your bag at security so make sure they are all in one quart bag and have them handy in your bG so they can be easily removed. You don’t need any fancy bags for toiletries – just a plain zip lock is fine. Gallon zip locks are a no-no. <<Please check TSA website for more information>>
- Be prepared to take off your shoes at security.
- Have your ID handy with your boarding pass at security. After, put your ID away – you shouldn’t need it after security.
- Prescriptions – make sure you have them and are packed. Allergy meds, etc.
- Consider bringing Tylenol, Advil, Tums, a probiotic. Your eat, sleep, normal routine will be off for this trip. Don’t laugh, but there is a likelihood that you could be constipated. ? <<Remember all medications must be turned in to Noel – please put them in a ziploc bag with your name on it and any instructions on taking them. They must also be written on your medical release form>>
- Bring a reusable water bottle BUT be sure it’s EMPTY when you go through security. If it’s not, they will throw out the bottle. I had a nice one thrown away because it had a couple of sips in it. BUT AFTER security, you can fill it up. I highly recommend this. The airlines do NOT supply passengers with enough water or snacks.
- …So bring some snacks on the plane. Almonds, trail mix, Apple, granola bars, sandwich, etc. ????
- Consider an extension cord or small power strip. With multiple people trying to get ready in the morning and shower / use restroom, you’ll want a power option that’s convenient.
NOTE: with the 2 bags you carry on, one bag MUST fit under the seat so make sure it’s a good size. 2️⃣
Final call out: hand lotion and chapstick – your new best friends. It will be cold and damp outside, but heated and dry inside. Hydrate all the time, but keep lotion and chapstick handy. ?
NCYC is NEXT WEEK!!
Here is what you need to know!
The 2019 NCYC app will be available for download this Thursday, November 14. Use the app to personalize your schedule, flag exhibitors you want to visit, access guides to prayer, and so much more.
NCYC Live! Follow NCYC through our Live Stream
NCYC Live! will be a unique experience to follow the fun and energy of NCYC from home. Find links to our YouTube and Facebook Live coverage of NCYC and more at http://www.ncyc.info/livestream.
Also, check out our
FREE NCYC Parish Watch Party resources to help you plan your own NCYC Live!
viewing party. Watch from home, a friend’s house, or your parish.
Delegation leaders, please help us in spreading word to NCYC pilgrims and their parents about the onsite collection and the NFCYM National Day of Giving, on Saturday, November 23. Reminders, social media posts, and announcements will be made before and during the conference, but we have found that letting attendees and their parents know ahead of time has always lead to us exceeding our collection goals. We encourage you to share the following:
NFCYM would like to invite all NCYC participants and those back home to join us in a National Day of Giving and onsite collection at closing mass, November 23, 2019. “Set five aside” is an easy way to remember to save a few dollars throughout the conference to help give the NCYC experience to another high schooler who is need of a scholarship. All funds raised go directly to the NFCYM Scholarship fund, providing scholarships and grants to youth and ministers in need of assistance to attend NFCYM national events. Over $180,000 in scholarships and grants were awarded for high school youth to attend 2019 NCYC, raised through funds donated at 2017 NCYC.
Rock, Ride and Rejoice.
January 24 – 26, 2020
Raise Your Hands. Raise Your Voice. Raise Your Spirit.
It’s an unforgettable weekend of faith and fun. Experience two nights of powerful tunes from Christian Music’s brightest stars at Universal Studios Florida.
Lift your hands and let your heart soar with amazing artists including TobyMac, Chris Tomlin, Newsboys United, Switchfoot and more!
COST – $150.00. (Must be an active SYG member).
Includes: 2 nights of Rock the Universe / Universal Studios Park Entrance, 2 days of Islands of Adventure Park Entrance, 2 nights hotel (breakfast included) & bus transportation.
- Parent / teen meeting – January 5th starting at 5PM in the Parish Hall.
- All commitments in by January 5th with and initial deposit of $75 due.
- Final payment due January 22nd
- Download the Agenda here: RTU 2020 Agenda
- Download all forms needed for the trip: RTU 2020 Forms
Noel deLeon 904.629.1022
Sheila deLeon 904.923.0867
Felix Alvarez 908.283.6909
Jackie Alvarez 908.764.9349
Linda Miranda (DRE – Jacksonville Contact)
Holiday Inn Express
5605 Major Blvd, Orlando FL 32819
NCYC Live Stream will allow parents, parishioners, and other youth to see what is happening at NCYC and participate in our daily programming in their own way. NCYC will be providing a new resource, The Parish Watch Party Guide, which will help those at home to experience NCYC with reflection questions, prayers, and activities.
NCYC wants their Live Stream to be of the highest quality for all who want to experience the excitement in NCYC wherever they are! Help us do that by completing this short survey.
More information will be out soon.