National Catholic Youth Conference 2021
November 18 – 20, 2021
In a distinctly Catholic setting, the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) invites participants to encounter Christ, experience Church, and be empowered for discipleship. Come to Indianapolis for 2021 NCYC to be set Ablaze • Enciende El Fuego
I am excited to announce that we have 22 teens & 6 adult chaperones from our Youth Group attending NCYC 2021. It’s going to be a wonderful experience and I ask everyone to please keep us all in your prayers as we prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually for this journey.
|May 1, 2021|
|May 23, 2021|
|June 27, 2021|
|July 15, 2021|
|August 1, 2021||F|
|August 22, 2021|
|September 12, 2021|
|October 10, 2021|
|November 7, 2021|
Chaperone Meeting 5PM-530PM.
Final NCYC Patricipate Meeting (5:30PM -7:30PM) **PLEASE MAKE EVERY ATTEMPT TO BE AT THIS MEETING**
|November 14, 2021||10AM Mass at Blessed Trinity – Fr. Jhon will send us off with a special blessing.|
|November 18, 2021||Depart for NCYC (Meet at Jacksonville International Airport – No later than 5:30AM in the rotunda before TSA check-in)|
|November 20, 2021||Return to Jacksonville (Pick up at Jacksonville International Aiport- Noon) **PLEASE BE ON TIME FOR PICKUP.|
|Early December||NCYC recap meeting with Fr. Jhon|
Questions or for more information, please contact Noel deLeon at 904.629.1022 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCYC NEWS & UPDATES
NOVEMBER 8TH UPDATE and FINAL NCYC MEETING NOTES:
*PARENTS* If you haven’t already, please >>click here<< to complete the online NCYC forms.
**IMPORTANT COVID UPDATE** As in the above online NCYC form, NCYC has requested for every participate either be fully vaccinated or be able to show proof of a negative COVID test 72 hours prior to even start on Thursday 11/18. I have spoke to the Diocese on this request and since they are unsure on who we will need to show this proof to, it is requested that everyone have a copy of their vaccination card and/or negative COVID test on them (paper photo copy or photo on your phone). The COVID test must be done between 11/15 – 11/18 and must indicate a negative result.
We will meet at JIA no later than 530AM on Thursday 10/18. DO NOT BE LATE AS I CANNOT HOLD THE PLANE FOR YOU. Parents are welcome to just drop their teen off at the curb – you do not need to park and walk them in, unless you want to.
Parents please pick up at JIA at noon on Sunday 10/21. Please do not be late.
We will meet at the rotunda area with the rocking chairs before TSA security check.
Southwest Flight JAX>ATL WN1714 @0640/0800. WN4780 ATL>IND @0845/1020
Southwest Flight IND>ATL WN5026 @0830/1010. WN5153 ATL>JAX @1055/1205
Recommend to do as much homework and make up school work on the flight and layover on Thursday – you will be tired on Sunday.
Plan on it being cold. Recommend layers – jacket, hoodie, shirt, jeans, gloves, beanie, etc.
Wear comfortable shoes – a lot of walking.
Pack light but smart. I’d recommend NOT checking in any baggage and carry-on 1 luggage and 1 backpack. See TIA website for carry-on baggage restrictions and limitations.
Thursday through Saturday will be long days. 7AM to Midnight long days.
Masks is required while indoors at the conference. Mask must cover both your nose and mouth. Please bring your own masks and I recommend to bring multiple masks. I’d also highly recommend to bring a small portable bottle of hand sanitizer and to use it frequently along with washing hands as often as possible. COVID is here to stay, just do everything possible to make it less likely to spread to you and others. Remember if you feel ill, please let me or the other chaperones know so we can ensure the safety of yourself and others.
Bring enough money for food for 3.5 days. Breakfast is included at the hotel and we do have a diocese dinner on Friday night. All other meals are on your own. Recommend food court at the Mall or vendors in and around the venue. I also recommend eating breakfast before arriving at the airport on Thursday. We have a very short layover in Atlanta and will not have an opportunity to eat lunch until after we arrive and get situated at the hotel at 12PM.
Remember, someone from your group (no less than 4), will need to text me if you are leaving the venue to go eat, or go back to the hotel to freshen up. You will need to text me who is in your group and where you are going. You will also need to text me once you get back to the venue. If you change plans midstream, text me the new plan. I need to be accountable of where everyone is at all times. We should only be at the venue, out eating or back at the hotel. We are not allowed no other places and do not spend time at the mall shopping or elsewhere. We are there for the conference.
Speaking of groups, I encourage everyone to spend time with others in our group – especially those you don’t know that well. Get out of your comfort zone and hang out with a different group – even better if your entire group joins with another.
There are merchandise vendors at NCYC in case you want to purchase books, shirts, etc. so you may want to bring extra $ for that.
105 South Meridan Street – Hampton Inn Downtown Indy. Once we get to Indy and start walking abour, I will show you the best route to/from hotel and venue and recommended places to eat. We will travel together as a group to the opening session and back to the hotel after the closing sessions for each day.
If you get lost or in a case of an emergency, I will point out the emergency place to meet once we get to the venue on Thursday. The secondary place to meet is the hotel. If I text you “911” it will be followed by an initial set of instructions, you are to drop whatever you are doing and follow those instructions – no questions asked.
Each night, after the conference, we will plan on having some snacks and gather together to discuss what we experienced that day. Please share! Most importantly, please share with your parents back home.
During the conference, please restrict the use of your phone. First to conserve battery, Second to lookup and take in all that NCYC has to offer. If we wanted a virtual experience through a phone or tablet, we could have saved a lot of money and just signed up for the virtual attendance. There is no need to constantly check SnapChat or IG – whatever you leave behind in Jax will still be there when you arrive and trust me – you won’t miss anything during our time at NCYC. And please – stay off your phones during the keynote speakers, during adoration and Mass. Taking pictures and videos are welcome during appropriate times.
Last but not least, have fun – always be searching for God’s beauty and awesomeness. Often times its right there in front of you!
CHAPERONE INFORMATION AND CONTACT NUMBERS:
**IF NEEDED, PLEASE MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO CONTACT NOEL FIRST. Remember the conference will be loud and phone calls and texts are often missed so please be patient for a response. Noel and all chaperones will be checking their messages and texts periodically. In case of any emergency, Linda Miranda (DRE) and the office rectory staff are the Jacksonville contacts.
|Linda Miranda (DRE)||904.514.5131|
October 19 Update.
- The Diocese has sent over the standard forms that need to be completed. I will need these done for every adult and teen participating in NCYC by 11/01 so I can deliver to the Diocese by 11/05.
- You can download the forms >>HERE<<.
- Thank you all for your support and donations for the button give-a-ways. I have order 250 buttons for $90. Any additional donations will go towards our nightly food/snacks. There will be a donation jar at the next meeting on 11/07. Please give as generously as you can.
October 10: NCYC participate meeting.
- Please look over the published schedule found on the NCYC page >>here<<.
- We will plan on meeting at Jax International Airport no later than 5:30AM. DO NOT BE LATE – the plane will leave without you.
- Please pack light – while you may check-in a bag with Southwest at no charge, it is highly recommended that you do not check in a bag but pack light enough to bring 1 backpack and a carry-on luggage.
- Ensure you have comfortable shoes as we will be walking for most of the day.
- Dress in layers. Expect cold weather. Don’t forget hats, beanies and scarfs. DoSA will supply 1 NCYC Shirt and 1 NCYC Hoodie for each participate.
- Please ensure you bring enough money for meals for all 4 days. Plan on eating breakfast included in the hotel, but lunch and dinner (excluding DoSA Friday dinner) are on your own. There is a mall with a food court, a few quick service food restaurants, concessions and food trucks in the area.
- Everyone will be receiving NCYC credentials. You will not be able to enter the conference areas without them. If you lose them, you will need to pay for and wait for the replacement credentials. Furthermore, if you are outside of your hotel room, you should be wearing them. Noel will provide phone number lists that everyone will keep inside their credentials.
- Please plan on attending the 10AM MASS on November 14. Fr Jhon will send us off with a special blessing.
- Please plan on attending our next and final NCYC meeting on November 7.
August 1: First NCYC participate meeting.
- We will be meeting once a month until NCYC, all tentatively scheduled before the 1st SYG meeting of each month. Schedule above reflects those dates.
- We discussed COVID-19 is still very much out there and is still infecting a lot of people. It is you and your family’s choice whether or not to get vaccinated, however it is highly recommended to. Remember, we will be in a conference with over 10k in attendance. We will be flying in a plane with others. The city of Indianapolis, NCYC and our Diocese will be monitoring and working together to ensure a safe conference.
- We briefly discussed how the conference is laid out and how the unknown is there due to the COVID-19 restrictions and changes. It’s important to remember that while although the conference will sure to be different, Our Lord never changes.
- While most of the logistics are complete, our focus for the next couple months will shift on preparing ourselves for this wonderful experience. Please pray for yourself as well as everyone in our group, our dioceses and all those attending NCYC 2021. Pray for the desire, the want and understanding of the need for you to attend this pilgrimage.
- Diocesan and NCYC paper work have not yet been received. Once received, they will need to be completed and returned. The NCYC registration will need to be notarized and we can arrange a notary to come and notarize our papers as a group if needed.
- Please try to make all the NCYC participate meetings going forward. The more you can make, the better the experience will be.
6/10/2021: Airline Flight arrangements have been made. Airline travel is via Southwest and both ways stop and change flights at Atlanta.
|Depart JAX @ 0640||Arrive IND @ 1020|
|Depart IND @ 0830||Arrive JAX @ 1205|
6/1/2021: Hotel Information: Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis. 105 S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis IN 46231.
Please send me your rooming preference (who you want to room with).
5/1/2021: We have 22 Teens attending and 7 adult chaperones!
3/1/2021: The theme of NCYC 2021 is Ablaze| Enciende El Fuego. The second chapter of the book of Acts tells about the coming of the Holy Spirit. At NCYC 2021, we will call upon the Holy Spirit to descend upon our young Church and set them Ablaze for the Lord!
Tickets for the 2021 NCYC will go on sale May 1 and is limited to the first 10k.
News reports about COVID-19 are everywhere. The Dioceses of St. Augustine and the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) join our prayers with yours for the development and deployment of improved treatment and prevention protocols and for the eventual eradication of this virus that has affected so many in very profound ways. Despite the period in which we currently find ourselves, NFCYM continues to move forward in a spirit of optimism with plans for an in-person National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) November 18-20, 2021, in Indianapolis.
Leading up to November 18th, NFCYM will be working closely with officials of the city of Indianapolis and the Marion County, Indiana, health department to develop virus mitigation and response plans specifically for NCYC. Only with their approval will NFCYM open the doors to the 2021 NCYC. If you have previously participated, the 2021 NCYC will look and operate a little differently. What should be unmistakable in the experience is our commitment to the NCYC mission: to provide a distinctly Catholic environment in which participants are invited to encounter Christ, experience Church, and be empowered for discipleship.
To this end, the NCYC project team is currently reviewing every plan made to date to ensure it still resonates amid this pandemic and all the conflicting emotions and changed realities that have come along with it. More detailed program information will be posted as it becomes available.