National Catholic Youth Conference 2021
November 18 – 20, 2021
In a distinctly Catholic setting, the National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) invites participants to encounter Christ, experience Church, and be empowered for discipleship. Come to Indianapolis for 2021 NCYC to be set Ablaze • Enciende El Fuego
I am excited to announce that we have 22 teens & 6 adult chaperones from our Youth Group attending NCYC 2021. It’s going to be a wonderful experience and I ask everyone to please keep us all in your prayers as we prepare ourselves mentally and spiritually for this journey.
As of 7/01/2021, the costs for each teen participate is $400.
Below is our timeline of known events.
|May 1, 2021|
|May 23, 2021|
|June 27, 2021|
|July 15, 2021|
|August 1, 2021||F|
|August 22, 2021||3rd Deposit of $100 per attendee due|
|September 12, 2021||Second NCYC Participate Meeting (4:30PM – Our Lady of Lourdes Conference Room)|
|September 26, 2021||4th Deposit of $100 per attendee due|
|October (Date TBD)||Dioceses All-Hands meeting (Place TBD)|
|October 10, 2021||Third NCYC Participate Meeting (4:30PM – TBD)|
|October 24, 2021||Final/Remaining Payment Due for all attendees (Total Amount paid should equal $400 per teen)|
|November 18, 2021||Depart for NCYC (Meet at Jacksonville International Airport/Time TBD)|
|November 20, 2021||Return to Jacksonville (Pick up at Jacksonville International Aiport/Time TBD)|
|Early December||NCYC recap meeting with Fr. Jhon|
Questions or for more information, please contact Noel deLeon at 904.629.1022 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
NCYC NEWS & UPDATES8/1/2021 First NCYC Participate Meeting:
August 1: First NCYC participate meeting.
- We will be meeting once a month until NCYC, all tentatively scheduled before the 1st SYG meeting of each month. Schedule above reflects those dates.
- We discussed COVID-19 is still very much out there and is still infecting a lot of people. It is you and your family’s choice whether or not to get vaccinated, however it is highly recommended to. Remember, we will be in a conference with over 10k in attendance. We will be flying in a plane with others. The city of Indianapolis, NCYC and our Diocese will be monitoring and working together to ensure a safe conference.
- We briefly discussed how the conference is laid out and how the unknown is there due to the COVID-19 restrictions and changes. It’s important to remember that while although the conference will sure to be different, Our Lord never changes.
- While most of the logistics are complete, our focus for the next couple months will shift on preparing ourselves for this wonderful experience. Please pray for yourself as well as everyone in our group, our dioceses and all those attending NCYC 2021. Pray for the desire, the want and understanding of the need for you to attend this pilgrimage.
- Diocesan and NCYC paper work have not yet been received. Once received, they will need to be completed and returned. The NCYC registration will need to be notarized and we can arrange a notary to come and notarize our papers as a group if needed.
- Please try to make all the NCYC participate meetings going forward. The more you can make, the better the experience will be.
6/10/2021: Airline Flight arrangements have been made. Airline travel is via Southwest and both ways stop and change flights at Atlanta.
|Depart JAX @ 0640||Arrive IND @ 1020|
|Depart IND @ 0830||Arrive JAX @ 1205|
6/1/2021: Hotel Information: Hampton Inn Downtown Indianapolis. 105 S. Meridian Street, Indianapolis IN 46231.
Please send me your rooming preference (who you want to room with).
5/1/2021: We have 22 Teens attending and 7 adult chaperones!
3/1/2021: The theme of NCYC 2021 is Ablaze| Enciende El Fuego. The second chapter of the book of Acts tells about the coming of the Holy Spirit. At NCYC 2021, we will call upon the Holy Spirit to descend upon our young Church and set them Ablaze for the Lord!
Tickets for the 2021 NCYC will go on sale May 1 and is limited to the first 10k.
News reports about COVID-19 are everywhere. The Dioceses of St. Augustine and the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry (NFCYM) join our prayers with yours for the development and deployment of improved treatment and prevention protocols and for the eventual eradication of this virus that has affected so many in very profound ways. Despite the period in which we currently find ourselves, NFCYM continues to move forward in a spirit of optimism with plans for an in-person National Catholic Youth Conference (NCYC) November 18-20, 2021, in Indianapolis.
Leading up to November 18th, NFCYM will be working closely with officials of the city of Indianapolis and the Marion County, Indiana, health department to develop virus mitigation and response plans specifically for NCYC. Only with their approval will NFCYM open the doors to the 2021 NCYC. If you have previously participated, the 2021 NCYC will look and operate a little differently. What should be unmistakable in the experience is our commitment to the NCYC mission: to provide a distinctly Catholic environment in which participants are invited to encounter Christ, experience Church, and be empowered for discipleship.
To this end, the NCYC project team is currently reviewing every plan made to date to ensure it still resonates amid this pandemic and all the conflicting emotions and changed realities that have come along with it. More detailed program information will be posted as it becomes available.